Monday, June 13, 2011

Ragin' Cajun

I ate at Ragin' Cajun several weeks ago. I didn't have my camera on me, so our friend snapped a pic with his iPhone, and he didn't send the picture until recently. I'll try to remember as much as I can.

We went on a Sunday afternoon and were a little surprised to find a healthy party crowd. It wasn't super-crowded or rowdy, but there were plenty of people drinking plenty of beer. Seemed like my kind of place.

I had the fried oysters. It was the very end of oyster season -- but I'm pretty sure that Ragin' Cajun serves oysters many ways year-round. My fried oysters were served with a spicy cocktail sauce, fries and hushpuppies. I can't really remember more about them, except that I liked them (as much as I generally like all fried oysters).

Here's what they looked like:



In hindsight, I probably should have ordered something a little more ethnically Cajun. I probably should have also blogged about this while I still had some semblance of a memory of the place. I apologize. I can say this: if you like to drink on a Sunday, Ragin' Cajun is the place for you. And that's enough for me.