Monday, December 5, 2011

Hunan Garden



I'm tired. It's a Monday, it's cold, and I'm trying (mostly unsuccessfully) to talk myself out of eating every candied pecan that I made for my husband. With all that in mind, I'm going to keep my review of Hunan Garden simple.

Pros: The website is VERY nice. Online ordering is extremely easy, and the food arrives quickly. Our delivery person was very nice and had no problem getting through the gate or letting us pay with a credit card. These are things we actually worry about, after a lifetime of bad delivery experiences.

Cons: The food is very basic. I know that I also described Yao's as basic, but the difference is that you can taste the quality of the ingredients at Yao's. Simple, traditional Chinese food is good if it's well made, but this sadly wasn't. Everything was pretty bland and tasted the same. Worse, we paid the same amount of money for take-out from Hunan Garden as we did for a sit-down meal (with drinks) at Yao's. For the price you can do a lot better.