Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fuzzy's Pizza

One of Cody's coworkers recommended Fuzzy's. I have to say, I was a little turned off by the name. If there's one thing I probably don't want my pizza to be, it's fuzzy. But I love pizza, and it's close to the house, so we took our chances and ordered a small (12") pizza with Canadian bacon to go.

The pizza was smaller than I expected. I guess I just couldn't picture what a 12" crust looks like. Two people ate it comfortably, but if you're feeding more than two (or the two you're feeding are big eaters), then you'll need to go with a large or get more than one.

The Canadian bacon topping was delicious. It was sliced very thin, which allowed the meat to get a nice crisp on the edges without burning the cheese or crust. My only complaint about the whole thing, other than it being too small, was that the sauce was too sweet. This is a common complaint I've had about Texas pizzas, and my husband (a native Texan) liked the sauce, so maybe it's a cultural thing. Or maybe I'm just too picky.

Will I get Fuzzy's pizza again? Sure. It's close and they have some interesting specials I would like to try. Is it the best pizza I've ever had? Hardly (but I'm from NY, the home of good pizza). Do I think it's the best pizza in Houston? That's hard to say. I think for now the search continues -- but Fuzzy's will be a serviceable stand-in until I find it.