Monday, October 25, 2010

Porch Swing Pub

Yet another place I wasn't planning on eating ...

A small group of friends and I went out on Saturday night, looking for another bar that I had visited once before. Unfortunately the parking situation around that place was no good, so we headed to the Porch Swing Pub.

The seating at Porch Swing can't be beat. Outside there are two large, semi-covered patios with at least 4 big screen TVs. Inside, there is a very nice bar with some tables, pool tables, and more TVs. Even the ladies room was large and clean. This was definitely one of the nicer sports bars I've ever been to.

My girlfriend and I both had grilled buffalo chicken sandwiches.



The chicken was all white meat, with a slightly spicy sauce that was cooled down by lettuce, tomato and blue cheese dressing. Everything tasted fresh and well-cooked, and the fries were nice and crispy. Was it anything special? Not really. Was it good bar food at a very decent price? Yes.

Our server was a friendly college-age girl who was doing a very good job handling a large crowd. Everyone seemed well-meaning and happy, even when it started to lightly rain. My only complaint is that Porch Swing delivers exactly what it advertises: every TV had a college football game on, and therefore my husband and my friend's boyfriend were pretty much MIA the entire time. Overall, Porch Swing is a very nice college/sports bar with great outdoor seating, but it's probably not the place to go if you want to spend any time with your men.