Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Recipe: Better Than Almost Anything Cake



Since it's looking like I may not go to a restaurant this week, I thought I would post a recipe instead. This cake really is better than almost anything. I believe this recipe came from my mother-in-law, Miss Rana Ball, but I'm not 100% sure.

Ingredients:

Box of chocolate cake mix (cheap is fine b/c we're going to dress it up)
Small can of sweetened condensed milk
Jar of caramel ice cream topping
Cool Whip
Bag of Heath Bar pieces

Directions:

1) Bake cake according to recipe on box.

2) Remove cake from oven and using the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the hot cake.

3) Pour the milk and caramel topping over the cake. They will soak into it as the cake cools.

4) When the cake is completely cool, frost using the Cool Whip. Pour Heath pieces on top.*

5) Refrigerate and enjoy!

Makes about 10 servings.

* There will come a point when you wonder, is this too many Heath pieces? No, it's not. That's because you can NEVER have too many Heath pieces. Pour the whole bag on there!