Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Table Seven

My husband and I hit up Table Seven on a Tuesday night. Turns out that was a great decision, because all bottles of wine are half price on Mondays and Tuesdays. Yes, you read that right. That's an amazing deal, and I have no idea why this place wasn't packed, but it wasn't.

The atmosphere at Table Seven can best be described as jazzy -- cranberry red walls, modern art, and pretty chandeliers. Our server was competent and sweet, though very young and a little green. He made good suggestions, though, particularly on the dessert (but more about that later).

We started with the Spinach and Artichoke dip, which was 1/2 price during happy hour. The dip itself was pretty standard stuff, but the little toasted squares of naan it was served with elevated it from a TGI Friday's quality appetizer to something much better. The portion was perfect for an appetizer too -- it was enough to get us excited about eating more, but not enough to leave us full.



Since the flatbread was so tasty with the appetizer, I decided to make a meal out of it and ordered a buffalo flatbread. Patties of ground buffalo meat, lettuce, onion and some kind of sauce arrived stuffed into the very good bread. Although it was all yummy, it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. For some reason I thought it would taste more like a gyro than a burger, so I was a little disappointed. The ingredients were all good individually, and the fries on the side were nice, but it isn't something I would likely order again, if for no other reason than it wasn't exactly what I wanted in that moment.



Our waiter suggested we have a brownie with caramel ice cream for dessert. I liked the idea of caramel ice cream. Turns out, I also liked the way it tasted. The brownie was nothing special, but the ice cream made the dessert. I would eat a pint of this stuff, right now. Seriously.



Our entire meal, including our amazing half-price bottle of wine, was only $68. That is an exceptional value considering the amount and quality of the food we ate. I simply cannot understand why the restaurant was less than half full with prices like that. My husband has been to Table Seven for lunch before and said that service was slow, but that wasn't an issue the night we had dinner; everything was delivered promptly and our waiter was friendly as could be. PLEASE go to Table Seven. I do not want to see this place go under, if for no other reason than the caramel ice cream.

Please people. Think of the ice cream.