Monday, March 14, 2011

Dylan's Candy Bar

I am so, so sorry that I have been so bad about posting lately. I am working full-time right now, trying to negotiate a move to a bigger apartment, and volunteering my time. But I promise I will keep posting as frequently as possible, so please keep checking back. After all, a girl's gotta eat!

My husband and I visited Dylan's Candy Bar what seems like forever ago to pick up some candy for a friend's wedding. While we were there, we just HAD to visit the in-store ice cream parlor for a Candy Bar Blast sundae. We got to choose our ice cream flavors, and we went with two scoops strawberry, one chocolate, one cookie dough and one rocky road. Yes, that's five scoops -- topped with chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and a variety of candies like Kit Kat and kisses. It took the kid behind the counter well over 5 minutes to create this caloric masterpiee, and it was well worth his time.



My advice is to bring a friend or two to share it with, and don't plan on eating dinner after.

So how is the ice cream at Dylan's? Amazing. Like everything about this store, the sundaes are extravagant, fun and designed to appeal to the kid in you. They're also a little bit pricey ($10) and come with a wait. Trust me though: it's totally worth it just to see the look on people's faces when they plunk it down in front of you.