Thursday, September 15, 2011

Out of Town Special: Butcher Boys

My husband had to take a deposition in Nacogdoches and I went along for the ride. His coworker Fred really likes Butcher Boys, so I thought I would give it a shot.



What I got was a delicious hand-formed patty of fresh (they grind it in-house) ground beef served on a warm and crusty bun with lettuce, tomato, mustard and mayo. The meat was perfectly cooked, with just enough "ooze", and the fries on the side were well-seasoned and more-than-serviceable. It was inexpensive, accessible and filling -- a delicious meal to fill up with before we headed back to Houston.

Butcher Boys offers a ton of other meals, from rib-eye steak to hot links, but I can't comment on those. All I can say is that Butcher Boys is a great addition to my already long list of great Texas burger dives. Nom!